Time: The growing season, spring through fall each year.
Location: Athens-Limestone Visitors Center, Big Springs Park, 100 N Beaty Street, Athens.
Goal: To demonstrate that different types of plants can be grown together.
About the Project: LCMG volunteers built raised bed planters beside the visitors center, and each year plant them with flowers, vegetables and herbs. The beds show that different types of plants can be grown together in a small space.
How you can help: Help with planting, weeding, mulching and watering.
How this Project benefits the Community: Adds to beauty of Big Springs Park and demonstrates ideas for people with small garden spaces.
- County Offices
- Diagnostic Labs
- Extension Centers
- 4-H Center
- AAES/Regional Research & Extension Centers
- Alabama Fish Farming Center
- Alabama Green Industry Training Center
- C. Beaty Hannah Horticulture & Environmental Center
- Chilton Food Innovation Center
- Hope Place Family Resource Center
- National Poultry Technology Center
- Ornamental Horticulture Research Center
- Small Ruminant Outreach Center
- Urban Centers
- Administrative Units