Cranberries, pecans and oranges are a great combination for the Holidays and this pound cake includes them all.
- 1 c. butter
- 3 c. sugar
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- 3 c. plain flour
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 c. fresh orange juice
- 2 t. grated orange peel
- 2 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. dried chopped cranberries
- 1 1/2 c. toasted chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- About 2 T. fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a Bundt or 10″ tube pan.
- Toast pecans and coarsely chop. Coarsely chop dried cranberries, set both aside.
- Beat sugar, softened cream cheese, and softened butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, then beat in orange juice, orange zest, and vanilla extract.
- Sift flour and salt together in separate bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients into egg mixture with large spoon until just combined. Fold in pecans and cranberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, tapping pan on counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake 65-75 min, test with toothpick to see if done. Cool in pan 10 min, then turn out onto wire rack or paper towels to completely cool.
- For Glaze: Mix powdered sugar and orange juice, drizzle all over cake. Cook’s note: Use an ice pick to punch a few holes in top of cake so glaze can go down into cake.
Original recipe provided by Audrey Giles.